Monday, March 3, 2014

Andrew Jonasson Lundeen (52 Ancestors, week 9)

Andrew Lundeen > John Lundeen > Edward Lundeen > Marion Lundeen

Passenger record
Andrew Lundeen was born Andreas Jonasson in the parish of Magra in Björlanda, Sweden. He married Annika Eriksdotter in November 1858 (Nov 5 according to his obituary; Nov 19 to Swedish household examination). Andrew and his family arrived in New York on June 13, 1879. The ship record says Andrew was a miner and the family traveled in steerage. The family settled in Albion Township, Minnesota and this would be Andrew’s home for the rest of his life. Andrew and Anna had 10 children, 5 boys and 5 girls. 3 of the girls must have died young as I have found no record of them beyond Andrew’s obituary.

Andrew and Anna
Up until a few months ago I didn't know of any photos of Andrew and Anna, however a search on Ancestry, a member tree contained a picture. To my surprise, it was the same as an unidentified photo I had. (There may have been a bit of a genealogy-happy-dance in my house that night) I have contacted the owner of the photo and am hoping to receive a reply.

Andrew died on April 13, 1912 and is buried in the cemetery of the Albion Evangelical Free Church, the same church where he and his descendants worshiped for generations to follow. Albion was the church where my family worshiped the first few years of my life, making me the sixth generation to worship in the same building.

Sources: Obituary from Cokato, MN Museum, Swedish Household records from Wright County Historical Society, Passenger records from Ancestry

No comments:

Post a Comment